WikiTunes: More "Exposure"

Surviving in the post-apocalyptic music economy

Moderator: Bob Olhsson

nobby

WikiTunes: More "Exposure"

Post by nobby »

Mi2n should be seen as a purveyor of unvetted press releases.

No, stupid spell-check bot, unvetted is not incorrectly spelled.

Unedited, too.

It appears that the author of the WikiTunes service article is writing about himself, interviewing himself and answering questions he asks himself and isn't clever enough to cover it up.
Why did you choose & how did you hear about Wikitunes?

As an independent recording artist I know how hard it is to promote our music and our recordings when radio airplay is so limited. My dream is to build a community of music makers and music lovers who can come to the site and share new music with each other—for free! By giving a free download the recording artist can build more fans and expand his/her reach to new audiences in a very friendly way.

What does Wikitunes offer artists/bands that other social sites do not?

We want to build a very friendly site, for both artists and music lovers to come and find and experience new music they otherwise wouldn't know about. Our goal is to always offer a free service so that folks can come for free downloads and get a better feel about what is new on the music scene.
Oh. So you heard about it and chose it because it's a site you developed, and thought you'd interview yourself in a nakedly disingenuous "article".
What are you looking to gain by being on Wikitunes?

As the site grows in popularity, I hope that more and more music lovers will discover my music, take my free download, like my free song, and then follow my links to other sites where they can purchase my songs: Amazon, iTunes, CD Baby. I hope eventually enough music lovers will like my free songs to actually buy other songs that I record and release.
Translation: You hope to get rich by selling the service in an IPO some day. Sorry, but I've gotten cynical.
How have your fans response been so far to your Wikitunes page and do you expect new fans?

Right now the site is so new that folks are just beginning to discover it. We are in the Beta testing phase right now, tweaking the site and seeing how to make it easier to use and more friendly for everyone. As word spreads, we are looking forward to welcoming new fans.
The site has a grand total of 2 "artists" so it may be a while.

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=199544
nobby

Post by nobby »

Ironically, the only name he could drop was Bonnie Raitt's guitarist, who said this:
What are your thoughts on illegal file sharing?

my thoughts on that take up too much space. i’ve written senators and congressman, had letters published in magazines, etc. the net in general has cultivated a sense that no one should pay for anything. the biggest web presence there is, yahoo, doesn’t charge for anything, and they’re in trouble now. amazon.com, the net’s biggest retailer, which has never made a profit, may get bought by a dept. store chain because they sell at a loss to drive away competition. then napster turns art into a computer file where anyone can make infinite copies.

the media pits the ‘poor consumer’ (who doesn’t want to spend to consume) against the ‘big bad record companies’. well, i don’t like the record companies too much myself, but what about the guy who wrote the song? the only money he makes is from sales. how does he feed his family and put his kid thru college? we put up mp3s voluntarily, but those belong to us. should anyone be able ethically to give away someone else’s work? it’s crazy. i don’t mind anyone giving away their own songs, but it’s not my right to give them away

it’ll get worked out either way, it’s the ethical thing that gets to me. we’ve weened a whole generation of college kids who think it’s ok to have something they didn’t earn. a trench coat can make it possible to go into a store and walk out without paying for stuff. is that ok too? i don’t think so. my blue collar background makes me not want something i didn’t pay for. i guess i’m old-fashioned.

http://www.bruuuce.com/band/george-marinelli/
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

nobby wrote: October 4th, 2017, 10:01 pm Mi2n should be seen as a purveyor of unvetted press releases.

No, stupid spell-check bot, unvetted is not incorrectly spelled.

Unedited, too.

It appears that the author of the WikiTunes service article is writing about himself, interviewing himself and answering questions he asks himself and isn't clever enough to cover it up.
Why did you choose & how did you hear about Wikitunes?

As an independent recording artist I know how hard it is to promote our music and our recordings when radio airplay is so limited. My dream is to build a community of music makers and music lovers who can come to the site and share new music with each other—for free! By giving a free download the recording artist can build more fans and expand his/her reach to new audiences in a very friendly way.

What does Wikitunes offer artists/bands that other social sites do not?

We want to build a very friendly site, for both artists and music lovers to come and find and experience new music they otherwise wouldn't know about. Our goal is to always offer a free service so that folks can come for free downloads and get a better feel about what is new on the music scene.
Oh. So you heard about it and chose it because it's a site you developed, and thought you'd interview yourself in a nakedly disingenuous "article".
What are you looking to gain by being on Wikitunes?

As the site grows in popularity, I hope that more and more music lovers will discover my music, take my free download, like my free song, and then follow my links to other sites where they can purchase my songs: Amazon, iTunes, CD Baby. I hope eventually enough music lovers will like my free songs to actually buy other songs that I record and release.
Translation: You hope to get rich by selling the service in an IPO some day. Sorry, but I've gotten cynical.
How have your fans response been so far to your Wikitunes page and do you expect new fans?

Right now the site is so new that folks are just beginning to discover it. We are in the Beta testing phase right now, tweaking the site and seeing how to make it easier to use and more friendly for everyone. As word spreads, we are looking forward to welcoming new fans.
The site has a grand total of 2 "artists" so it may be a while.

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=199544
What a dick.
I sense the need for a Trojan Horse!
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

People die of exposure all the time...
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

A-Men!
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson