Grammy Awards

Surviving in the post-apocalyptic music economy

Moderator: Bob Olhsson

unitymusic

Grammy Awards

Post by unitymusic »

So the Grammy awards just happened, and I didn't see any of it yet. But the point of my post is to pass on something I read on facebook, which was someone asking why there isn't a DIY award. Given the current state of the industry, I think that's a really good idea. So if anyone is a voting member, please consider passing along that idea. I have some thoughts about the parameters of adding something like that, but in any form I think it would be cool.
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

unitymusic wrote: January 29th, 2018, 5:10 pm So the Grammy awards just happened, and I didn't see any of it yet. But the point of my post is to pass on something I read on facebook, which was someone asking why there isn't a DIY award. Given the current state of the industry, I think that's a really good idea. So if anyone is a voting member, please consider passing along that idea. I have some thoughts about the parameters of adding something like that, but in any form I think it would be cool.
Interesting idea...
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
nobby

Post by nobby »

It might be hard to verify what is actually DIY, for starters.

You may remember Milli Vanilli.

If not, do a search...
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

Blame it on Lorraine
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

I understand DIY recordings streamed or sold as files are eligible for awards. I'll see what I can find out about the details.
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson