Hey, John

Surviving in the post-apocalyptic music economy

Moderator: Bob Olhsson

nobby

Hey, John

Post by nobby »

My arm is getting tired from administering a beat down on a troll on Bob's FB page.

Care to go a couple of rounds? :wink:
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

Thanks!
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

nobby wrote: July 28th, 2017, 5:57 pm My arm is getting tired from administering a beat down on a troll on Bob's FB page.

Sure, give me the URL.
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

nobby wrote: July 28th, 2017, 5:57 pm My arm is getting tired from administering a beat down on a troll on Bob's FB page.

What's the a-hole's name? Will get on it tomorrow, it's a bit late now, considering that I've been drinking a bit and taking painkillers to try to get sleep in spite of the pain.

Not that it really does a hell of a lot of good. Mostly it just gets me annoyingly fuzzy.
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

Wow!

"John Knowles: Bob, thanks for posting the original article. It's a shame that it attracted all these comments about what is and is not property. There are plenty of things in our culture/economy that have value only by consensus. We seem to be experiencing a major realignment of who gets to decide what is valuable… and we have not been invited to the conversation."

John, who I hung out with at the Country Music Hall of Fame when we first moved here, is one of a handful of legendary players honored by Chet Atkins as being a "Certified Guitar Player."

Slamming professional musicians seems to be seen as a way to legitimize jealous amateurs.
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
nobby

Post by nobby »