I am becoming very, very worried.

Don't let the neighbours see
John Eppstein

I am becoming very, very worried.

Post by John Eppstein »

A couple of years ago I advocated that "liberals", meaning right thinking people, stop advocating stringent gun control because the right wing militias WILL NOT give up theirs and when it all comes down we will be lambs for the slaughter, with no defense.

That time has OBVIOUSLY come. And yes, we have no defense. The recent kidnap attempt, BACKED BY THE LOCAL SHERIFF" in public simply illustrates this. We are inundated by fascist "brownshirts"many control "Law enforcement" on local and regional levels. Because fascists ALWAYS seek positions of power and control.

The opposition continues to cheat on the election.And if they don't "win" they're stacking the Supreme Court to support anti-American and anti-Democratic results.

We will almost certainly WIN the election. But as we should have learned last time around, we will not necessarily be able to elect a new "president".

As always, I deeply hope that I am wrong. But I don't think so.

Prepare fort the racist, fascist state.

This is Germany in the '30s.

God help us.

Those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it.
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

My only real hope is that the US military,who do still maintain SOME credibility, will abandon their "apolitical" stance and move against fascism after the election. I am not holding my breath.

And then they need to relinquish the power to the real winners. Which would be noth a very surprising and extremely commendable move.

Nobby, what do YOU think?
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

nobby

Post by nobby »

I just bread a statistic that about 85% of Americans think politics are about 2 parties that just argue all the time. I think it's a stupid country.

If Trump loses he could probably still doom the country in the 2 1/2 months he would remain in power. Hell, McConnell and the GOP senate can probably do that just by withholding the stimulus package.
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

nobby wrote: October 21st, 2020, 5:32 pm I just bread a statistic that about 85% of Americans think politics are about 2 parties that just argue all the time. I think it's a stupid country.

If Trump loses he could probably still doom the country in the 2 1/2 months he would remain in power. Hell, McConnell and the GOP senate can probably do that just by withholding the stimulus package.
You could very well be right.

Not sure about your statistic but I'm not going to argue it, either. I'm thinking there's about a 50% chance that the USA as we knew it is done. I really hope not, but 4 years of mindless polarization has done incalculable damage. If Rump wins or manages a cheat that sticks I want to leave, but to where? The world has become a "water monopoly" and water monopolies can only fall from the outside - and there is no strong outside power any more that I can see.

I seems like all my worst predictions are coming true. I really hope Biden wins by a decisive majority and that it's not too late, but......

the one semi-bright spot I see is The Lincoln Project, which indicates that there are still some Republicans who haven't totally lost their mind, but how many of those are there?

I dunno. I just don't know...