Everybody OK?

Don't let the neighbours see
John Eppstein

Everybody OK?

Post by John Eppstein »

"Exciting" week.... One is reminded of the ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"...

It appears that some of my paranoid predictions have come a little too close for comfort. I hate it when that happens.....
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

I'm OK. We're a bit beyond "interesting" at this point.

The forum, however, seems to be on a gammy leg. I think I should rename it the RecPit Audio Bunker.
keks

Post by keks »

RecPit Audio Bunker?
Giving us all a bad RAB? :stg:

Here in Krautistan live is pretty peachey.
In my county there have been no new Corona sightings over the last three weeks.
I can teach face-to-face without having to endure bad smart phone audio via zoom.
I have been out to a local winery on Wednesday, first time since March.
There's toilet paper in all the shops.

The music and culture scene is getting bum fucked hard, though.
The restrictions and requirements for club owners make opening doors unprofitable, and to enter social security programs you have to spend your old-age security savings first.
Talking about the "poor artist"... :fp:
:dd:

Now people get careless during summer vacation time, and we'll see what happens when the flu season hits in November.
But right now, it's a blessing to be able to socialize a bit and to interact with human beings in the flesh.
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

I'm mostly OK myself, but my mother passed away exactly two months ago due to the combined effects of recovering from liver surgery for cancer and a chronic heart condition. The epidemic was blessing to me as I could be with her in her final days. She was strong and kept a positive outlook up to her final moments. Wonder how anyone can cope with something like this. Have to keep on living as that is what she would want.
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

meloco_go wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm I'm mostly OK myself, but my mother passed away exactly two months ago due to the combined effects of recovering from liver surgery for cancer and a chronic heart condition. The epidemic was blessing to me as I could be with her in her final days. She was strong and kept a positive outlook up to her final moments. Wonder how anyone can cope with something like this. Have to keep on living as that is what she would want.
You have my sincere condolences.
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Thank you very much, John
keks

Post by keks »

meloco_go wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm I'm mostly OK myself, but my mother passed away exactly two months ago due to the combined effects of recovering from liver surgery for cancer and a chronic heart condition. The epidemic was blessing to me as I could be with her in her final days. She was strong and kept a positive outlook up to her final moments. Wonder how anyone can cope with something like this. Have to keep on living as that is what she would want.
My heartfelt condolences!
It is great that you had time to be there.
11 years ago I lost my father to a pretty sudden sepsis.
Being there and feeling his decay and passing was important for me to make peace in the end.
I helped my mother to go through the motions of organizing a ceremony and doing all the paperwork involved. That kept us both moving.
The numbness left much later, when the immediate stuff was worked out.
All the best to you, you‘ll get through it, in the end, even if the thought of that may suck, too, at times.
Be well!
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

keks wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:55 am
My heartfelt condolences!
It is great that you had time to be there.
11 years ago I lost my father to a pretty sudden sepsis.
Being there and feeling his decay and passing was important for me to make peace in the end.
I helped my mother to go through the motions of organizing a ceremony and doing all the paperwork involved. That kept us both moving.
The numbness left much later, when the immediate stuff was worked out.
All the best to you, you‘ll get through it, in the end, even if the thought of that may suck, too, at times.
Be well!
Thank you very much!
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

My condolences as well. Keep working, keep living, stay strong.
Don Hills

Post by Don Hills »

I'm OK. I just haven't been here for a while, dealing with family issues. I'm glad to see the usual inmates still kicking.
Life is pretty normal for me. We, as a country, went hard from the beginning with total lockdown and closed borders. We now get our reward with no community cases for nearly 3 months and no in-country restrictions. The border is still closed to all but a restricted number of returning citizens, who have to spend 14 days in managed isolation in hotels. Several thousand people a week are still coming in, 4 or 5 cases a week are detected among the incoming people. A few people have tried escaping from managed isolation but there's little public sympathy for them.

We're still being careful, as this year's 'flu tracker shows:
Flutracker.png
People with cold and flu symptoms are being tested for Covid-19 and are mostly staying at home while unwell instead of going into work and spreading it around.

I look at the daily news from the rest of the world and worry... A good friend of mine in the UK died of Covid-19 a little while back. Be vigilant and act safely, especially you, John E.
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

Don Hills wrote: July 28th, 2020, 3:15 am I'm OK. I just haven't been here for a while, dealing with family issues. I'm glad to see the usual inmates still kicking.
Life is pretty normal for me. We, as a country, went hard from the beginning with total lockdown and closed borders. We now get our reward with no community cases for nearly 3 months and no in-country restrictions. The border is still closed to all but a restricted number of returning citizens, who have to spend 14 days in managed isolation in hotels. Several thousand people a week are still coming in, 4 or 5 cases a week are detected among the incoming people. A few people have tried escaping from managed isolation but there's little public sympathy for them.

We're still being careful, as this year's 'flu tracker shows:

Flutracker.png

People with cold and flu symptoms are being tested for Covid-19 and are mostly staying at home while unwell instead of going into work and spreading it around.

I look at the daily news from the rest of the world and worry... A good friend of mine in the UK died of Covid-19 a little while back. Be vigilant and act safely, especially you, John E.
Thanks, Don. And the same to you!