Coincidence?

Don't let the neighbours see
John Eppstein

Coincidence?

Post by John Eppstein »

This is probably going to seem a little nutty, even for me, but it keeps running through my (perhaps slightly paranoid) mind -

First, understand that I don't like "coincidences", especially when they keep occurring, over and over.

Has anybody besides me noticed that every time (well, maybe not EVERY time, but quite frequently) a really, really bad scandal involving Trump comes along there's a major shooting incident to divert public attention? Can this really be a random coincidence? And if it's not really coincidence, if it's deliberately coordinated somehow, how could that be? What mechanism could be employed? Some kind of secret website for disaffected people with violent tendencies? Granted, with the current gang in Washington it wouldn't be that hard to squash any potential investigation into such a thing, but..... What more effective way of interrupting and diverting attention from coverage of the hearings?

When I woke up this morning with the TV reporting the latest school shooting on the second - and reportedly most damaging to date - day of the televised impeachment hearings I found it not at all surprising, almost expected.

Did anyone else have the same reaction?
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

I thought scandals with Trump are pretty much permanent?
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

meloco_go wrote: November 16th, 2019, 6:08 pm I thought scandals with Trump are pretty much permanent?
Well, you do have a point - he exists in a permanent state of scandal, but sometimes it rises to the point where he tries to divert attention.

It seems to work with some people, for varying amounts of time.

Doesn't seem to be this time though - even the news media aren't being diverted to any significant degree this time. Good for them!

Or maybe people are becoming inured to random shootings unless really large numbers get killed. Not good.
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *