Circus in Singapore

Don't let the neighbours see
John Eppstein

Circus in Singapore

Post by John Eppstein »

So what do you guys think?

Is it for real?

Is it just a pre-election publicity stunt?

Will anything come of it?

What do you think?
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
Tim Halligan

Post by Tim Halligan »

I noticed - well, the internet did - that Fox News called it a meeting of two dictators.

At least they are acknowledging that now.

The rest of the world knew that ages ago.

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

Absolutely anything is possible. Hang on to your hats.
nobby

Post by nobby »

Gronk wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm Absolutely anything is possible. Hang on to your hats.
I disagree. Kim isn't going to give up his nukes, so that's not possible. He has seen what happened to Gaddafi and Hussein, so he will keep his nukes and build more while claiming he isn't.

China doesn't want Korea reunified, so that isn't possible.

US isn't pulling troops out of Korea without a peace treaty, so that ain't happening.

Ignorant thug Trump rips up the Iran deal, with its round-the-clock int'l inspectors and verifications, then gives Kim a giant PR boost in his own country, making him appear equal to the world's top leaders, getting Trump to call off US-South Korean military exercises, and Kim gives Trump nothing in return.

All while Trump snubs our European allies, insults Canada, and kisses up to the world's authoritarian thugs.

There isn't a world leader who isn't twice as smart as lying criminal Trump -- they are playing chess while he makes mud pies. So expect more of the same.
nobby

Post by nobby »

Behold the utter fucking stupidity of Trump:

(Hey, I said discussing politics here was a bad idea, but, no, you guys had to go there, so...)

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/1 ... ottom-well
keks

Post by keks »

nobby wrote: June 13th, 2018, 2:08 am Ignorant thug Trump rips up the Iran deal, with its round-the-clock int'l inspectors and verifications, then gives Kim a giant PR boost in his own country, making him appear equal to the world's top leaders, getting Trump to call off US-South Korean military exercises, and Kim gives Trump nothing in return.
Kim got all he needed out of this.
He is no pariah any more.
And if the Trump/Kim talks tank, there'll be other countries presidents to talk to, which was unthinkable up to now.
I'm pretty sure that a "denuclerarisation" of NK would mean for Kim that the US trash their nuclear threatening abilities, too.
Ain't gonna happen.
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

Mango Mussolini got some great PR and distracted everybody from discovering they are about to have to pay for their parents' healthcare.

Everybody hates corruption but their propaganda leads their followers to believe that "liberals hate conservatives" whenever we express our hatred of corruption. To a scary degree, this scam seems to be working.
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

And Rump appears to be selling out the defense of another of our allies in his haste to fellate another of Putin's dictatorial cronies. Or course he gained nothing in return, not even a tip.

Something that really bothers me is how our news media, even the crew at MSNBC, allowed themselves to be distracted by the "bright, shiny thing" from covering really important news.
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

It was ironic that shrubs former press secretary pointed that fact out.
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

Bob Olhsson wrote: June 13th, 2018, 11:29 pm It was ironic that shrubs former press secretary pointed that fact out.
BOB! I'm surprised at you! Insulting innocent decorative plants!

The shrubs I know are far too intelligent to get played that way!