Rockets

Don't let the neighbours see
John Eppstein

Rockets

Post by John Eppstein »

Anybody else catch any of the space launch today?
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Yeah, watched and enjoyed it!
Everybody raves about Tesla in space images, but the synchronous landing of the two boosters was as cool if not a cooler image.
Cirrus

Post by Cirrus »

meloco_go wrote: February 7th, 2018, 4:40 pm Yeah, watched and enjoyed it!
Everybody raves about Tesla in space images, but the synchronous landing of the two boosters was as cool if not a cooler image.
Yeah, that was absolutely incredible - there were a couple of smartphone videos of the landing and it just doesn't look real - watching two boosters coming in through the clouds at 2x the speed of sound, just hurdling towards the ground so fast, then ignite their boosters together and land... it was like watching CGI, so removed from anything I'd seen before that my brain was screaming "This can't be real!".

But it is, we're in the future now. And the implications are fantastic - relatively cheap heavy payload launches that can reach the asteroid belt, it's a real first step.

Someone's going to have to go up and give the Tesla its 100 million mile service soon, though. :rofl:
Bob Olhsson

Post by Bob Olhsson »

A friend of mine knows a couple retired NASA engineers who are convinced that at least the booster landing was fake.
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

And of course we never landed on the moon.....
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *