just...eh?

Your favourite artists, band politics, etc.
unitymusic

Re: just...eh?

Post by unitymusic »

nobby wrote: January 21st, 2018, 12:38 am
unitymusic wrote: January 20th, 2018, 8:54 am It was going well and we had six people practicing a few times a week. One of the newer guys was really good at his instrument, but it often sounded "noodlely" to me, like it wasn't on the same page harmoinically. I tried to talk to everyone about it and it turned into a huge thing where the guy quit, and we ended up playing the show as a four piece.
Why did the other person quit?

Anyway, there's another side to that coin.

It's great when you get someone who's really good at his instrument who adds something you didn't anticipate to the music that improves it dramatically.
The other person "quit" because I think he thought I was being too intense about adhering to specific arrangements/vibe or whatever. But he's a good friend of mine and he still plays on my stuff to this day, he just didn't play that show.

And I totally agree with you about the second point. If someone does something that you didn't anticipate but it adds something great to the overall feel then I'm all about it. I think that is pretty much every songwriter or producers dream.