Softube Trident A-range

Gear, technique, and general chit chat
nobby

Softube Trident A-range

Post by nobby »

Great sounding plugin but there's one thing I don't get.

Why is there no bypass switch? Maybe the original unit didn't have one, but it didn't have presets or a saturation knob either... I mean, this is a plugin!
I would have thought a bypass button is the easiest part of making a plugin, and I don't think I have any other plugins that don't have one. I RTFM but it isn't in TFM.

My DAW in its latest iteration has bypass switches for every plugin in the plugins field, but clicking on it makes the UI disappear until you click on it again. Bad for the workflow. And that's a feature I didn't have until 2 months ago.
weedywet

Post by weedywet »

Pro Tools just had a BYPASS button for every plug in so I always use that ANYWAY, not the one built in to the individual manufactruer’s interface.
nobby

Post by nobby »

I'll get used to it. I didn't have a bypass button for every plugin until 2 months ago and didn't notice it until literally last night.
unitymusic

Post by unitymusic »

weedywet wrote: February 13th, 2019, 3:26 pm Pro Tools just had a BYPASS button for every plug in so I always use that ANYWAY, not the one built in to the individual manufactruer’s interface.
Holy shit, I never thought much about it, but it never clicked for me that there was a "pro tools bar" on top of every plugin. I always use that one too.
nobby

Post by nobby »

I had been using Sonar X3 Pe which is several years old. It didn't have bypass switches in the fx bin but that didn't matter because all the plugins had bypass switches :smile:

The company went under and sold the software. Now Cakewalk Bandlab, which is free, is using the last iteration of Sonar, Sonar Platinum, which has a bypass button next to each effect but bypassing the effect makes the interface disappear until you click on it again, which seems kludgy to me.