CLAMixHub

Gear, technique, and general chit chat
meloco_go

CLAMixHub

Post by meloco_go »

Have you tried it? I think it's neat. Gotta play with it a bit more before deciding if it really improves the workflow, though.
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

Post by Rev. Juda$ Sleaze »

You use REAPER, right?

I don't see how it is better than fx track control knobs, especially as they aren't limited to 8 tracks at a time and you aren't limited to Waves plugs..

For other DAWs I could see it being a workflow enhancer.
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Rev. Juda$ Sleaze wrote: January 26th, 2019, 3:54 pm You use REAPER, right?

I don't see how it is better than fx track control knobs, especially as they aren't limited to 8 tracks at a time and you aren't limited to Waves plugs..

For other DAWs I could see it being a workflow enhancer.
You've got a point, although I don't think it is possible (at least for me on a single screen) to have a layout with all the knobs that I want, etc.
Nor I believe it is impossible to color code FX track control knobs, and they always stack as one row on a vertical track view.
In some of the pre-release builds, they added the ability to add plugin GUI elements to the track view, and it would be great if it works, I guess I have to wait and see.
But for now, I am interested in MixHub.
and you aren't limited to Waves plugs..
Yeah, and with REAPER you can actually use FX parameter linking, put the plugin in bypass (the link stays on) and use MixHub as a "controller" for other plugins.
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

meloco_go wrote: January 26th, 2019, 6:38 pmYeah, and with REAPER you can actually use FX parameter linking, put the plugin in bypass (the link stays on) and use MixHub as a "controller" for other plugins.
Ooh, that's interesting!

I'm actually tempted by it purely for the fake plasma meters. Yes, I am that sad. :stg:
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

meloco_go wrote: January 26th, 2019, 6:38 pm...although I don't think it is possible (at least for me on a single screen) to have a layout with all the knobs that I want, etc.
...but you can get as many knobs at a time as the CLA plug with a full screen mixer. You can also have fx on a selected track all pop up like a channel strip.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the plugin, I'm trying to talk me out of the plugin. :smile:
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Rev. Juda$ Sleaze wrote: January 26th, 2019, 7:08 pm
meloco_go wrote: January 26th, 2019, 6:38 pm...although I don't think it is possible (at least for me on a single screen) to have a layout with all the knobs that I want, etc.
...but you can get as many knobs at a time as the CLA plug with a full screen mixer.
Dunno, well, I have to experiment with layouts, maybe I can have separate layouts with sends and with FX knobs.
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

Here's 21 knobs and long-ass faders (27" Retina display though...)

I use this as a controller. They're dirt cheap:

meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Rev. Juda$ Sleaze wrote: January 26th, 2019, 7:51 pm Here's 21 knobs and long-ass faders (27" Retina display though...)

This looks nice. I have to experiment with layouts. I have a mixer window which is set up similarly, but the sends take some place as well.
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze wrote: January 26th, 2019, 7:51 pm I use this as a controller. They're dirt cheap:

Interesting, how do you set it for REAPER?
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

meloco_go wrote: January 26th, 2019, 8:11 pmInteresting, how do you set it for REAPER?
MIDI learn and save as fx chain.
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

OK, so I made a layout where I added all the EQ controls of a channelstrip I use to the track panel, and from that viewpoint, you saved me $69, as it worked quite nicely.
OTOH as an SSL channelstrip it is really nice, certainly better than the old model.
The Mic control is also interesting.
Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

Cool!

Yeah, I've heard that it is a big step up from the old Waves SSL plugs.
John Eppstein

Post by John Eppstein »

Clams I understand. What's an "ixhub"?

A device for making dip perhaps?
Originally Posted by Bob Ohlsson
Everything is some mixture of awesome and suck. We simply want the awesome to be highlighted sufficiently that it distracts listeners from the suck.

*Hey, if I'm Grumpy, where the hell is Snow White???? *