Plugin Alliance 2098

Gear, technique, and general chit chat
meloco_go

Plugin Alliance 2098

Post by meloco_go »

Just got released. Apparently, it is modeled after AMEK 9098 pre/EQ module, not the console.
I remember Slipperman commented on how the module version is inferior to console. And not we have a plugin version which is probably inferior to module :stg:
Anyway, I need another EQ like a dog needs a fifth leg but the intro price is $50 and it is a model of 9098 after all, with Glow/Sheen and Notch, and I kinda get a warm feeling thinking I got to twist the (virtual) knobs which are vaguely related to the console which was mentioned and praised in the Slippy's Narratives which are still saved on my HDD :mm2: .
I guess I'd at least try it.
weedywet

Post by weedywet »

yawn
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

Still waiting for the component level model of a soundcraft 200. Maybe next year?
weedywet

Post by weedywet »

Tim Halligan

Post by Tim Halligan »

meloco_go wrote: February 20th, 2018, 10:08 pm I remember Slipperman commented on how the module version is inferior to console. And not we have a plugin version which is probably inferior to module :stg:
Somebody on Facebook drew Slippy's attention to this new plugin, which he duly downloaded and tried on a number of sources.

His response, paraphrased: "another shit digital eq I don't need."

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.
meloco_go

Post by meloco_go »

Tim Halligan wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 3:17 am Somebody on Facebook
Yeah, that was me) I go by different nickname on FB.

I also gave this plugin a try. The Glow/Sheen modes are nice. Though I can come close to this sound by my other EQs. And the price is far too steep for me.
nobby

Post by nobby »

Sounds like the Waves Abbey Road brilliance pack demo I've never activated. I think they want $200 for it...