Shadow Shepherd

upstairs

Shadow Shepherd

Post by upstairs »

This is one me and my buddy Ricky did a few years back. He did the singing and wrote the lyrics while I played all the instruments, from what I can remember. We co-wrote the instrumentation.

It was part of a demo we were working on to get some shows. Had a hard time trying to comp together a vocal on this one, as he was pretty worn out at this point from all the previous songs and bar-hopping :lol: Consider it "unfinished"

Didn't go anywhere, but hey :drinks:

It was done on a Tascam 388 all-in-one 1/4" 8-track/mixer thingy. Kinda murky.
Attachments
ss2.mp3
(11.03 MiB) Downloaded 325 times
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

I like it. It has a kind of 'Weezer meets Beck in a Bar after they've all been dumped by their girlfriends' type vibe.
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

Haha, thanks Gronk. Never thought of it that way but I'll take it.
nobby

Post by nobby »

I think there's actually a pretty cool song in there.

It could use a little tightening up here and there... :mm2:

But this puzzles me:
It was part of a demo we were working on to get some shows.
Wouldn't you have to have a band together first? I mean, you weren't going to be able to perform that live without a couple more musicians.
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

nobby wrote: March 21st, 2018, 5:34 am I think there's actually a pretty cool song in there.

It could use a little tightening up here and there... :mm2:
Yeah. I know. :cryaway: A good example of my eternal struggle against my right foot.

When we were writing the chorus bit, I asked him, "Hey, I've got all these chords here, which ones should I use?"

Answer: "All of them!"
nobby wrote: March 21st, 2018, 5:34 amWouldn't you have to have a band together first? I mean, you weren't going to be able to perform that live without a couple more musicians.
Maybe not the best way to do things but it was a, um, dynamic plan. We were going to places and looking for guys to play with and playing quick-and-dirty versions wherever we could. Lots of "hey you guys are great! I'm like totally down to play with you guys" then nothing. Couldn't get a band together to save our lives. We had one a few years before in a different state, but they were still flakes and we never got along with them musically - the whole genre thing, ya know.

So the band broke up
And it looks like...
We will never play again! :lol:
nobby

Post by nobby »

upstairs wrote: March 21st, 2018, 7:19 am A good example of my eternal struggle against my right foot.
There must be a Dr. Strangelove joke in there somewhere...

It takes practice and discipline, but eventually you should be able to keep your right foot off of the singer's throat :lol:
Tim Halligan

Post by Tim Halligan »

nobby wrote: March 21st, 2018, 2:20 pm ...but eventually you should be able to keep your right foot off of the singer's throat :lol:

HA!

:rofl:

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.
upstairs

Post by upstairs »

:lol: